The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Adjunct Professor/Associate Professor of Oncology. The part-time academic position (20 %) is combined with a full-time (100 %) senior consultant position at Akershus University Hospital, Department of Oncology.
Relating to the main position:
The Department of Oncology at Akershus University Hospital is growing fast and has currently 2 professor positions. The department of oncology is currently organized as an outpatient clinic but will soon be expanded by a ward and a new radiation unit (new building is planned in near future).
The hospital’s research strategy encourages clinical studies and integration of basic and clinical research. Experience and competence in clinical studies and in translational research will be considered an advantage. Applicants are expected to collaborate actively with leading research groups through national and international networks.
This position was established with a specific aim to complete a strong academic team and increase synergy towards the EPIGEN re-search facilities at Akershus University Hospital.
50 % of the time may be used for research and teaching.
- Authorization and medical license issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
- Certified qualifications in the specialty of Oncology issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
- Applicants who do not speak Norwegian, Swedish or Danish must acquire such skills within two years following their appointment and must be able to teach in English in the interim period
- Applicants should hold a strong record in research within oncology and should also have on-going research activity.
- Experience and competence in clinical and translational research will be considered an advantage.
Regarding the part-time (20 %) academic position:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position, please see:
Interpersonal skills and the ability to create an attractive research environment, plans for research and ambitions relating to the applicant's personal teaching practice will be emphasized. The successful applicant will participate in teaching of medical students in all areas of oncology at the University of Oslo. As a main rule, interviews will be held and references collected. Applicants may also be required to give a trial lecture.
Application for the academic part-time position must include:
- A cover letter and CV.
- Complete list of publications.
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please submit in full text).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate.
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills.
Other relevant qualifications.
Please, scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 10 MB)
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/english/about/vacancies/procedures/
Head of Department, Anita Petersen telephone +47 911 87 447
Head of University Clinic, professor Trygve Holmøy, telefon +47 917 31 968
Head of Campus Ahus, professor Pål Gulbrandsen: +47 958 27 288
HR- Officer in charge Karoline Berg-Eriksen, Institute of Clinical Medicine (questions
regarding the academic application)
Telephone: +47 228 44 680
Reference number: 2018/4675