Associate Professor in Bioinformatics Permanent Job1 month ago - Biology - Oslo - 15 views
When evaluating applicants, weight will put on documented experience and qualifications in the following areas:
- Scientific expertise revealed by a track record of high impact publications especially during the last five years - documenting qualification as an associate professor.
- Documented experience and qualifications in teaching, pedagogics and supervision of PhD and master students.
- Ability to attract external funding; experience from participation and coordination of research projects.
- Deep knowledge of bioinformatics and broad knowledge of biology
- To qualify for appointment the applicant must have completed a PhD in bioinformatics or in the biosciences with an extensive bioinformatics component
- Personal qualities, such as ability to collaborate, communication skills, and scientific leadership will be emphasized
- Academic qualifications will be ascribed more weight than other qualifications. Cf. the "Rules for appointments to professorships and associate professorships",
- salary NOK 607 700 – 802 600 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Associate professor (position code 1011)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
- the opportunity to apply for promotion to full professorship at a later stage
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- Summary of up to 3 selected scientific publications the applicant wishes to include in the evaluation describing their significance and impact
- Research plan including possible synergies with the Department’s sections with a emphasis on BMB (up to 5 pages)
- Portfolio organized in the following order:
- CV (including complete list of education, PhD diploma, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, project acquisition and coordination experience, and other qualifying activities)
- List of scientific publications
- Documentation of teaching qualifications, experience, and teaching philosophy
- Documentation of external fund raising
- Other qualifications, including administrative experience, the applicant wishes to have included in the evaluation
- List of reference persons: 3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
As a general rule an interview will be used in the appointment process, and it may be appropriate to require trial lectures. The basis for assessment will be the scholarly production of the applicant, other qualifications, pedagogical or educational, the applicant’s qualifications within leadership and administration as well as the general personal suitability. In ranking the competent applicants, the full range of qualifications will be considered and explicitly assessed.
Head of Department, Rein Aasland, email:[email protected], telephone:+47 22844563
Professor Eivind Hovig, Department of Informatics and leader of the Centre for bioinformatics, email:[email protected]
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system, HR Adviser Torunnn Standal Guttormsen, email:[email protected], telephone: +47 22854272