Associate Professor in Protein Biochemistry Permanent Job1 month ago - Biology - Oslo - 15 views
To qualify for appointment, the applicant must have completed a PhD and a productive postdoctoral period.The person appointed should be able to carry out research-based teaching in biochemistry and molecular biology at the bachelor, MSc and PhD levels, and to supervise MSc and PhD students.
The person appointed will perform and supervise research and carry out research-based teaching in the relevant fields. As the Department's new bachelor program in bioscience includes programming and computational modelling among its core elements, it may be considered an advantage if the candidate can contribute to teaching based on computing in bioscience education. The successful candidate will be expected to attract extramural research funding. A teaching load of 50 % applies, including courses under bachelor and master programmes, and supervision of the research of master and doctoral students. The person appointed can also be requested to undertake administrative duties.
In the assessment of applicants, emphasis will be placed on the research potential and then teaching and other academic qualifications, as well as those for management and administration. Personal qualities, such as ability to collaborate, communication skills and scientific leadership will be emphasized. The quality and extent of the applicants’ scientific production during the last five years will be given particular weight, as well as experience in modern research methods and techniques.
- salary NOK 607 700 – 713 600 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Associate professor (position code 1011)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
- the opportunity to apply for promotion to full professorship at a later stage
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- Summary of up to 3 selected scientific publications the applicant wishes to include in the evaluation describing their significance and impact
- Research plan including possible synergies with the Department’s sections with a emphasis on BMB (up to 5 pages)
- Portfolio organized in the following order:
- CV (including complete list of education, PhD diploma, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, project acquisition and coordination experience, and other qualifying activities)
- List of scientific publications
- Documentation of teaching qualifications, experience, and teaching philosophy
- Documentation of external fund raising
- Other qualifications, including administrative experience, the applicant wishes to have included in the evaluation
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
As a general rule an interview will be used in the appointment process, and it may be appropriate to require trial lectures. The basis for assessment will be the scholarly production of the applicant, other qualifications, pedagogical or educational, the applicant’s qualifications within leadership and administration as well as the general personal suitability. In ranking the competent applicants, the full range of qualifications will be considered and explicitly assessed.
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system, HR Adviser Torunn Standal Guttormsen, telephone: +47 22854272, email: [email protected]