Business and Economics Tutor Permanent Job2 months ago - Business and management - Birmingham - 26 views
Do you take pride in helping students achieve their goals and dreams?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what our centres set out to do every day. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment. A fantastic opportunity has opened at our Leeds International Study Centre for a Business and Economics Tutor to join on a full time permanent contract. If you are a focused Tutor, that loves inspiring and empowering students to achieve their dreams, then this is the perfect environment for you.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will deliver the Economics module provision of the study centre.
- You will to provide expertise in teaching, materials development and formative assessments, for our Foundation and International Year One students.
- Follow schemes of work as determined by the Head of Business, and to deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set homework and provide formative feedback to learners.
- Maintain up to date records of student attendance and progression on the centre’s computer system.
- You will be a positive, standout colleague, that shows passion and drive when working with students and colleagues.
What experience do you need?
You are a student centred Tutor, experienced in working in small classes. You will have a catalogue of engaging ideas and exciting classroom exercises, and the energy required to effectively deliver a positive experience for our students. You will need to have:
- A relevant Bachelor Degree, ideally covering Economics. A Masters degree is desirable.
- Experience in teaching Economics in an FE of HE environment.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of non-native English-speaking students at HE in the UK
- Familiarity with blended learning and VLE
- Experience in developing teaching materials
- Experience in assessment design and marking of students’ academic work
- Experience in the provision of independent learning and/or on-line language learning
Our Leeds International Study Centre is a fantastic place of education offering a number of different programmes to international students. Based in Headingley Stadium, the centre offers a pleasant working environment, with newly refurbished facilities. There is a café on site and free parking for staff. This is a growing, forward thinking centre that offers lots of opportunity to someone that wants to progress.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please send a CV and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.