Commercial Stylist Contract Job1 month ago - Others - Bletchley - 40 views
Location: Bletchley Campus – The Graduate Salon.
Hours: Flexible – To include weekends and evenings as required.
Zero Hours Contract.
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic team player with outstanding industry expertise to join the team as a Commercial Stylist here at the Graduate Salon.
The position will be working with the motivated team within the school of Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Hospitality & Events. As the successful candidate, you will be a dynamic individual with outstanding hairdressing skills. You will be a professional, hardworking individual with a keen interest in working with a dedicated and passionate team of professionals in our fantastic Graduate salon facility and Wahl Academy partnership.
The Graduate Hair & Beauty salon is open to the public providing a wide variety of services to clients, the salon also provides industry work experience allowing our students to learn in a creative and realistic environment and therefore understand the full client experience.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Experience working at a senior level within a commercial hairdressing salon, delivering high standards of hairdressing skills, meeting a wide range of clients' needs and requirements to include both Level 2 and 3 service techniques.
- Experience of coordinating and scheduling client bookings.
- Experience working to and exceeding commercial retail and service targets set by the Salon Commercial Manager.
- Exceptional standards of hygiene and health and safety within the salons.
- Proven experience of supporting with stock rotation, ordering, unpacking of delivers, security or stock, maintaining retail areas, Stock taking and audits.
- The ability to maintain all salon equipment, removing and reporting any damaged equipment through CAFM systems
- The passion to mentor and support work experience learners when working in the salon.
- Past experience of promoting salon services and products to internal and external customers.
- The ability to work to deadlines as part of a team and under your own initiative.