The Faculty of Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a Ph.D. fellowship at the Department of Manufacturing and Civil engineering (IVB).The appointment is for a term of three years, or four years with teaching duties equivalent to 25%. This is a researcher training position aimed at providing promising researcher recruits the opportunity of academic development in the form of a doctoral degree. We have an open PhD position related to this topic; Digtial Twin Driven Circular Local Industry. The project aims to develop fundamental understanding on situation and consequence of material and energy flow crossing local industry network through digital twin by integrating different information domain, to support zero emission and waste local production.
The research task will be:
- Develop and validate methods to integrating of information from geographical information system (GIS), Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), Management information system (MIS) in enterprise.
- Develop and systematize the knowledge on input to sustainability assessment on local industry network including system boundaries, information and sensitivity.
- Develop and validate digital twin for describing material and energy flow by case studies, considering different geographical boundaries (industry park, municipality and region), to facilitate the understanding of the life cycle environmental impacts and cost of circular local industry network for interested parties and other stakeholders.
The project is created under NTNU sustainability and Norwegian research center of manufacturing, with strong external cooperation with municipalities and industries.
The position requires a Master degree in computer science, software engineering, industrial engineering, industrial ecology or relevant. The applicants with good experience on programming and database technology will be given priority.
Good English skill is required. Good knowledge of Scandinavian language is preferable.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic and highly motivated and be willing to work both independently and with other researchers. The successful candidate must also fulfill the requirement for admission to a doctoral program: PhD in Engineering
PhD Candidates are remunerated in code 1017 and are normally remunerated at gross NOK 436 900 before tax. There will be a 2 % deduction to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from gross wage.
Engagement as a PhD Candidate is done in accordance with “Regulation concerning terms and conditions of employment for the posts of post-doctoral research fellow, research fellow, research assistant and resident”, given by the Ministry of Education and Research of 19.07.2010. The goal of the positions is to obtain a PhD degree. Applicants will engage in an organized PhD training program, and appointment requires approval of the applicants plan for a PhD study within three months from the date of commencement.
See https://www.ntnu.edu/iv/doctoral-programme for more information.
The position is of 3 years duration, with 1 year extension potential.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The positions adhere to the Norwegian Government's policy of balanced ethnicity, age and gender. Women are encouraged to apply.
The application must contain information of educational background, work experience and two pages of description of research statement and initial plan. Certified copies of transcripts and reference letters should be enclosed. Applications with CV, grade transcripts and other enclosures should be submitted via this webpage at www.jobbnorge.no.
Mark the application with IV-202/18.
The application must contain:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with information about the candidate’s prior training, exams, and work experience
- Two pages of description of research statement/plan
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas. Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a diploma supplement or a similar describes in detail the study and grading system
- Names and contact information of at least 2 reference persons
- A copy of the master thesis (in PDF), or, for those who are near to completion of their MSc, an extended abstract combined with a statement of how and when the applicant plans to complete the thesis, or, for those who have master thesis not in English or Norwegian, an extended abstract in English within 3 pages.
- Scientific publications if any
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Start-up date may be discussed, but tentatively not later than winter 2018.
Application deadline is 25.09 2018
According to the new Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Gjøvik
- Place of service Gjøvik
- Jobbnorge ID 156262
- Internal ID 2018/20213
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!