Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Granular Flow Full-time Job1 month ago - Geosciences - Oslo - 11 views
Position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow available at Department of Geosciences.
The postdoctoral fellowship is for a period of 2 years. Preferred starting date no later than October 1, 2018.
Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in
Earth Sciences or related field. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defense of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Candidates with research experience and knowledge in the following topics will be given priority:
- Fault mechanics and friction
- Earthquake or landslide processes
- Experimental methodology and design
- Quantitative structural geology
- Microstructural analysis of cataclastic fault rocks
- Image analysis
Technical skills in running laboratory experiments, data acquisition, data analysis and modeling (including development of code in e.g. Matlab or Python) are essential.
Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Priority will be given to candidates with multidisciplinary experience including geological fieldwork and laboratory work
- The candidate should be highly motivated to work in a multi-disciplinary research field/team and be willing to exchange with national and international project collaborators including potential research stays abroad
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be given to the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications relevant to execute the project, their ability to complete research, the applicant’s mobility, proven communication and collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for this position will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Salary NOK 515 200– 597 400 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (position code 1352)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter. Statement of motivation, research interests and research plan
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “Apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's
grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English. Applicants may be called in for an interview or telephone/skype interview.
Associate Professor Karen Mair, e-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Olivier Galland, e-mail: [email protected]
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system, please contact HR Officer Helene Beate Jansen, e-mail: [email protected], phone: +47 22 85 71 96.