Senior Software Programmer Contract Job1 month ago - IT & Telecoms - Dundee - 41 views
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on innovative data programming solutions which support health research and really make a difference to people’s lives.
Are you a self-starter who loves problem solving, working with people and developing innovative technical solutions? Do you value a healthy work/life balance and job satisfaction?
You will be working within the Health Informatics Centre (HIC - https://www.dundee.ac.uk/hic/) at the University of Dundee and a multi-disciplinary team. You will be involved in the development of enhancements and the re-engineering of existing systems alongside the design and implementation of new solutions.
You will be working as a Senior Programmer in the Application Development Projects team who provide bespoke secure data collection systems to support both research projects or extensive longer-term data collection.
We are a team who pride ourselves on improving our software and solutions. We try to keep pace with industry and technological advancements and train our staff accordingly. We like Agile development.
Your priorities will include:
- Working in a team involved in the development of enhancements and the re-engineering of existing systems alongside the design and implementation of new Software Projects.
- Work as part of a team looking at different work streams dependant on the project requirements at any one time. You will be expected to liaise with customers and clients, to investigate both business and research requirements and to translate those requirements into solutions. You will be expected to have a good understanding of state of the art technologies available.
- You will be expected to take a role in design and implementation and also be a hands-on developer of the systems. You will be expected to include non-functional aspects such as performance, security, testability and compliance in addition to functional aspects and the decomposition of the solution into well-defined components with clear interfaces.
- You must be able to work independently, and to agreed customer deadlines. Manage your own projects to completion, as well as providing support for others. You will be taking ownership and driving key work areas within the HIC development team.
- You will be expected to learn the domain information required to deliver the projects. Such information could be health data, genomic data and image data.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team.
- Extensive experience (>5 Years) in designing and developing software applications or experience with physical relational (and non-relational) database design.
- A degree in a related discipline such as computer science, mathematics or statistics.
- Experience in designing and developing software applications.
- Excellent skills in a range of programming languages e.g. C#, Java.
- Experience of Developing Web Applications (ASP.NET and MVC) & Web Services.
- Excellent skills in relational database and programming.
Is this of interest? Get in touch with Mr Keith Milburn at [email protected] for more information.
We benefit from having access to a range of personal and professional development courses and training opportunities, we enjoy 34 days annual leave per year and are supported by a range of Work Life Balance policies, staff support networks, membership of Athena Swan and Stonewall as well as a full range of disability services which all create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work. It is the diversity of our staff and students that make the University of Dundee an enjoyable place to work.