Health Economics and Outcomes Research Ltd - Data Science and Analytics Team
|Location:||Birmingham, Cardiff, Home Based|
|Placed On:||8th January 2021|
|Closes:||29th January 2021|
Principal Data Scientist
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Ltd is an independent consultancy specialising in the application of health economic techniques to support pharmaceutical pricing, health technology assessment (HTA) and value assessment, reimbursement, and market access activities. Our team of over 80 researchers in the UK and Germany are experts in developing, testing and implementing disease models, analyses of clinical trial data, generating evidence from real-world clinical care, and systematic literature reviews and meta-analysis. Our clients are global pharmaceutical companies and our projects span across many disease and therapy areas.
Role and responsibilities
HEOR continues to expand and we are now looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Principal Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Analytics Team. This person will have expert command of a range of data science methods and tools to solve real-world problems. They will lead the design and implementation of projects with healthcare data using statistical modelling and machine learning methods. They will be a key part of a thriving and collaborative team undertaking innovative research using automation, optimisation and advanced data visualisation.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering, operational research, data science) or comparable combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive analytical experience in R and other programming and database languages (e.g. Python, SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Application, SAS).
- Expertise in designing, researching, and deploying data products (e.g. machine learning pipelines/APIs, dashboards, R Shiny apps).
- Experienced in manipulating, analysing and interpreting data from clinical trial datasets, electronic health records and/or biomedical datasets.
- Confident practitioner and advocate of robust quality standards and practices.
- Experienced in leading multi-functional teams on complex projects.
- Relevant experience, ideally 5+ years, in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced in generating heath economics and outcomes evidence as part of product lifecycles.
- Experienced in building end-to-end analytics solutions.
- External profile in data science.
Main job responsibilities
- Lead development of proposals and pitches.
- Lead data elements of project conceptualisation and design.
- Lead data activities on projects.
- Technical lead for deliverables (e.g. reports, user and technical guides and slide decks).
- Manage cross-functional project teams.
- Deliver projects effectively and according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Provide consultancy and strategic planning to colleagues at HEOR Ltd and clients on technical areas of expertise.
- Develop and maintain client partnerships.
- Communicate complex analytical concepts and interpretation of results to a wide range of audiences including clinicians, health economists, policy makers and patients.
- Undertake line management, coaching and mentoring of colleagues in the Data team.
- Represent the company at external meetings, and lead client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Maintains internal and external profiles as expert in data science.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary
- Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- In-house training and development programme
We have offices in Cardiff and Birmingham (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and HEOR application form to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th January 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.